F10 is broken, not source stepping but most of the time is continuing like F5 by David Egli

Active

Opened: 2/7/2013 2:02:30 AM

Hi,

When I want to debug in VS 2012, F10 is not stepping over a single line but most of the time continues like F5. As I've seen in the internet, this is an old issue, and for VS 2008/2010 there are Hotfixes availiable.
I'm programming mainly C# (ASP.NET with IISExpress).
In order to repro the error, you might want to connect to my developer machine:
RDP:owl.winhost4you.com:9058 (You might need to start mstsc /admin, because there is no license server configured.)
Please contact me for an admin login at david@johnshope.com

David Egli
Posted by David Egli on 3/1/2013 at 3:09 PM
I think I've found the cause, it's because I'm running WS2012 under a VirtualBox VM. (VT-x/AMD-V, Nested Paging, PAE/NX)
I'm also experiencing frequent AccessViolations during debugging, so this seems to be the cause.

Posted by Microsoft on 2/26/2013 at 1:10 PM
We are going to close out this bug due to inactivity. If you have more information about when this is happening or have an application to share, please let us know and we will investigate.

Thanks,
Visual Studio Debugger Team
Posted by Microsoft on 2/13/2013 at 4:58 PM
Hi,

Can you tell us what type of project is this? This information will help us route the investigation to the right person as this would be different for a C# application vs. a native C++ application.

Thanks,
Visual Studio Debugger Team
Posted by Microsoft on 2/11/2013 at 1:30 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 2/7/2013 at 10:49 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Please export and reset environment settings file by clicking Tools-> Import and Export Settings, after that, please zip the file and send it to us so that we can conduct further.

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team