Toolbox continually loses all tools by pdavi25

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 2/19/2013 11:23:12 AM

I keep trying to work on a simple new ASP.NET Web Forms Application, and the Toolbox is empty. I have found an online article that shows how to delete the .tbd files, this restores the toolbox (it was empty the first time I loaded it, right after install), but after a while it always goes completely empty, and the only fix is to save work, exit, delete the .tbd files, and relaunch Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate.

This is unworkable.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:30 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by pdavi25 on 2/21/2013 at 12:41 PM
I tried adding a comment yesterday, but somehow I guess it didn't take. I found some updates in 'Windows Update' and the problem has gone away. I tried looking in the application itself but it dawned on me that since it's a Microsoft application it probably is in Windows Update.

For your questions, I don't have the ability right now to test 1, but I suspect its working post update. for 2. I had a vanilla install, prior to any updates. no 3rd party extensions were installed. For 3 again, I'm not at the computer with it installed, but I can test that later as well, but suspect it will work now that I've updated the application.

Let me know if you still want me to perform 1 and 3 now that you're aware I wasn't on the latest version/patch level.

~Phil
Posted by Microsoft on 2/21/2013 at 12:35 PM
Greetings

We have a few questions:

1.    Create a Winform/WPF project, does toolbox show any item?
2.    Any 3rd party extension installed?
3.    Select “Show All” from context Menu on toolbox, is there any toolbox item?

Malcolm Dickson
IDE Experience Program Manager
Posted by Microsoft on 2/19/2013 at 10:10 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 2/19/2013 at 11:51 AM