Unable to javascript debug IE 10 with Visual Studio 2010 by ViVyVyVyVy

as External Help for as External

Opened: 2/27/2013 4:38:42 AM

Unable to javascript debug IE 10 with Visual Studio 2010. So I am using Win7 x64 with VS2010 and have installed the IE10 Win7.

When I attempt to Start Debugging, I receive the following:

"Attached the Script debugger to process '[1111] iexplore.exe' on machine 'MINE' failed. A debugger is already attached."

I can click OK and look at attached debug sessions - [1111] is grayed out and there is another instance of iexplore.exe with my solution title. I can attach manually and it works fine.

I thought maybe since there were two iexplore.exe pids there would be something wrong, there are not two tabs or windows open and I disabled automatic crash recovery.

Did not work.

Any ideas?

Please don't ask me to install VS 2012, which fixes the issue, rather try fixing the current issue with VS 2010
Posted by Microsoft on 3/1/2013 at 2:34 PM
Please see the workarounds section for information on how to fix the problem.

Gregg Miskelly
Visual Studio Debugger
Posted by Microsoft on 2/27/2013 at 9:18 PM
Thanks for your feedback . The product team itself no longer directly accepting feedback for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and earlier products. You can get support for issues with Visual Studio 2010 and earlier by visiting one of the resources in the link below:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/cc136615.aspx>
Posted by Microsoft on 2/27/2013 at 4:49 AM
Posted by Vitor Canova on 4/8/2013 at 6:07 AM
In the workaround posted by Gregg Miskelly on 3/1/2013 you must run the command prompt as an administrator.
Posted by Gregg Miskelly on 3/1/2013 at 2:33 PM
This is caused by the way that Internet Explorer 11 registered msdbg2.dll. You can work around it by reregistering it.

1. Start a 32-bit admin command prompt (cmd.exe). If you are on a 64-bit OS, this is the cmd.exe prompt in <windows_dir>\syswow64\cmd.exe
2. Run: regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\msdbg2.dll"

It may be necessary to restart Visual Studio after this, though it worked fine when I tried it without restarting.

An alternative work around that should also solve the problem, but I didn’t confirm: repair your VS 2010 installation.