Upgraded project from VS 2010 fails to load by Sean FS

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 3/26/2013 6:50:04 AM

I upgraded a project that was in the VS 2010/projects folder within [My Documents] - then moved the location of the entire solution to a local path c:\QT_TFS_PROJECTS\

Now VS2012 fails to load the primary project with message: "The project file {network resource location path}\{project name}.csproj has been moved, renamed or isnot on your computer."

Recently our System Administration moved all profiles (Desktop/My Documents Etc.) to the network. I can open any other project or create any new project without problems - I also attempted to "remove" the project from the solution and re-add it to the solution and get the same error.
Posted by Sean FS on 4/17/2013 at 8:02 AM
I do not know what more information I can give... I still cannot re-add the project after removing it from the solution but looking @ the SLN and CSPROJ files do not indicate the error message path anywhere... is there a registry entry somewhere? or does it get saved in a global file related to VS2012 IDE?
Posted by Microsoft on 4/9/2013 at 1:33 PM
We have not been able to reproduce this issue with the steps provided. Can you please give us some additional info? What types of projects are in this solution?
Posted by Microsoft on 4/2/2013 at 2:35 AM
Hello,

Thanks,
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team

Posted by Sean FS on 3/30/2013 at 6:15 AM
I cannot upload the project with the problem.. Corporate policy does not allow for that. I believe however that following the steps I laid out will make it so you can duplicate the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/29/2013 at 12:42 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/26/2013 at 10:59 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team