Enable All Breakpoints / Disable All Breakpoints Icons by gluckett

Active

Opened: 4/10/2013 9:05:22 AM

In Visual Studio 2010 and prior, the Enable All Breakpoints and Disable All Breakpoints commands both had icons. However, this is no longer the case in Visual Studio 2012 - they are only text. This is a problem for me because I use both of those commands on both my Build and Debug toolbars, so now they just appear as two blank buttons that I have to go hover over to get a tooltip if I forget which command I assigned to which button. Surely it is not that difficult to come up with icons for those.
Posted by gluckett on 5/1/2013 at 1:14 PM
I understand that I can assign the commands to a keyboard shortcut, but there are so many of those already mapped, I can never remember what is what, so I prefer to put them as toolbar buttons on. I'm not sure why you chose to just not deliver icons for these, since you already have some that could be adapted to this very easily - I'm not a Photoshop expert, but I think even I could start with two of the existing icons and come up with something suitable. For example, for Enable All Breakpoints, you could start with the Delete All Breakpoints icon and simply remove the red X to just leave the two interlocked solid circles. For Disable All Breakpoints, you could do the same thing only leave the circles hollow (since solid seems to mean enabled and hollow means disabled - see the Enable / Disable Breakpoint icon).
Posted by Microsoft on 4/26/2013 at 3:39 PM
Thanks for reporting this issue and using Visual Studio. Unfortunately, in Visual Studio 2012 when we redesigned and created new concepts for some icons, we decided to remove these icons. At this point, we don’t have any plans to add them back. What you can do for accessing these commands more easily is assign your own shortcuts to them in the Keyboard options (Tools | Options > Keyboard). The items are: Debug.DisableAllBreakpoints and Debug.EnableAllBreakpoints. We apologize for the inconvenience the removal of these icons might have caused.

Thanks,
Cathy Sullivan
VS IDE Team
Posted by Microsoft on 4/11/2013 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 4/10/2013 at 9:51 AM