color scheme mismatch in .h and larger cpp files by nswanson

Active

Opened: 5/1/2013 12:23:53 PM

I have set my color schemes under tools->options->environment->fonts and colors (text editor option), and it displays everything correctly in .h files. However, for large cpp files, it will briefly flicker the correct color preferences, but revert them to a simpler color scheme. I think that it only affects some of the c++ <...> color options. For example, the c++ user keywords works, but c++ functions does not. It may affect others options - I haven't tried them all. This seems to only happen in large cpp files (2700+ lines). I have a smaller solution (1300 lines) that displays everything fine. Also, when it flickers, it seems to only flicker down to a certain line in the cpp file, and below that it does not flicker at all (it uses the simpler color scheme the whole time).
Posted by Microsoft on 5/2/2013 at 11:28 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I will close this issue. If at any time your issue is closed unsatisfactorily, you may edit your issue via Connect and change the status to “Active.” Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by nswanson on 5/2/2013 at 7:00 AM
Sure. I'll just have to remember to not have large top-level comment blocks for now.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/2/2013 at 1:01 AM
Thanks for your quick response. I am glad to hear that. Based on current status, I would like to ask your permission to close this feedback. Should you find any bugs in the future, please feel free to let us know.
Posted by nswanson on 5/1/2013 at 1:34 PM
Ok, so I deleted all of my top-level comment blocks in the cpp files, and that fixed it.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/1/2013 at 12:51 PM