Corrupted recovery file in F# Visual Studio 2012 by srinivas zzz

Opened: 5/1/2013 5:43:22 PM

The recovery file created when restarting VS 12 after a crash is unopenable by VS. Opening it in a standard editor like Notepad shows no content. Yet the file size shows as non-empty
Posted by Microsoft on 6/18/2013 at 2:56 PM
Hey Srinivas,

I haven't heard from you for a week so I'm going to go ahead and close this. If you're able to repro it or you can give us the sample project please do so anbd reactivate.

Thanks,

Tony Goodhew,
VS Pro
Posted by Microsoft on 6/11/2013 at 12:45 PM
Hey Srinivas,

The files you've attached are simply 7KB of all zeros. Can you provide us with the F# project that they were generated from?

I suspect that VS crashed/was killed while saving the auto-recovery files and that is why they're all zero. If we can repro the problem then we can look at addressing it otherwise we're going to have to close it.

Thanks,

Tony Goodhew,
Program Manager, VS Pro.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/9/2013 at 12:20 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by srinivas zzz on 5/7/2013 at 11:34 AM
Have you looked the file I enclosed? That should tell you what the problem is. There is nothing wrong with the project file - only the file being edited when the machine crashed - if i ignore that corrupted file the rest of the project is fine
Posted by Microsoft on 5/7/2013 at 1:48 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 5/1/2013 at 7:41 PM
I am having trouble reproducing your issue. Can you share a sample project on which you are seeing this problem?

Thanks