Exception when builddefinition is saved in a running build by Markus Wehrle

Opened: 6/18/2013 2:47:35 PM

I want to change builddefinition process parameters of the actual running build and save them.

I am using a custom code activity to achieve this. Problem is, that if I call the save() method of the builddefinition I get the following exception:

Exception Message: TF401043: You cannot specify more than one source provider for a build definition. (type SoapException)SoapException Details: <detail xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" ExceptionMessage="TF401043: You cannot specify more than one source provider for a build definition." BaseExceptionName="System.ArgumentException" />
Exception Stack Trace:

I tried this on a hosted build controller and also on an on-premise controller with Visual Studio 2012 Update 2.

The same code works on TFS2010. I also double checked the references, that there is no reference to TFS2010 assemblies.

I also tried, just to save the build defintiion without modifiying the ProcessParameters.

Regards,

Markus

Posted by Microsoft on 11/5/2013 at 7:07 AM
Please make sure you have updated your TFS app tier to TFS 2012 Update 4 RC4 as well. The fix is on the app tier.
Posted by ScottRebel on 11/5/2013 at 4:47 AM
I'm using Team Foundation Server, Product Version: 11.0.60930.0 (Tfs2012.Update4.RC4)
And still get the error when our build workflow attempts to update the Source Settings in the build definition being built.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/1/2013 at 12:55 PM
This bug has been fixed for the next version of Visual Studio TFS Build. Thank you for reporting it.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/18/2013 at 11:18 PM
Thank you for submitting feedback on Visual Studio and .NET Framework. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/18/2013 at 2:51 PM