Settings synchronisation conflict is unresolvable by James Summerton

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 9/15/2013 8:25:26 PM

Settings synchronisation keeps complaining that I need to resolve the settings conflict, so I choose to upload those from this machine, but it just keeps telling me I have a settings conflict.

Posted by James Summerton on 9/22/2013 at 2:59 PM
Hi Carl,

I have done some more troubleshooting on this and I believe it is related to the VSCommands extension causing a conflict with the settings.

Once I disabled VSCommands everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks

James
Posted by Microsoft on 9/20/2013 at 2:55 PM
Hi James,

Sorry to hear you are seeing an issue with this feature. Can you provide some details on your configuration? Are you using Visual Studio Ultimate or a particular express sku? Do you remember which profile you selected the first time you launched VS or when you Reset your settings via the Tools\Menu. Does the problem go away if you take the settings from the server? What about if you use Tools\Import and Export settings and Reset your settings to the "General" profile?

Thanks
Carl Brochu | Visual Studio Team
Posted by Microsoft on 9/19/2013 at 6:33 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Your issue has been routed to the appropriate VS development team for investigation. We will contact you if we require any additional information.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/18/2013 at 12:07 AM
Hello,

Sorry for bothering. Is there any update?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible.

Thank you!
Posted by Microsoft on 9/17/2013 at 3:19 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. If you could get back to me at your earliest convenience with information I request, we will be able to make headway towards a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/16/2013 at 3:57 AM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please collect some steps while you're repro'ing the issue?

Visual Studio now has an extension called Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Feedback Tool, available on the VS gallery(http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/563d1003-f0ed-498f-8ef9-f8ee1aac39fe).

The extension allows you to
1. upload files,
2. collect trace and dump files
3. collect steps while you're repro'ing the issue
4. SQM logs about VS extensions installed
5. System details (in DxDiag output)

Please submit this information to us within 4 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by Microsoft on 9/15/2013 at 8:51 PM
Posted by Adam Wyżgoł on 4/22/2014 at 5:10 AM
1. Export settings (using Import and export settings in tools menu)
2. Resolve conflict using download remote settings