WinForms Document Outline stopped working after updating to VS 2013 RC by hukhukhuk

as Fixed Help for as Fixed

Opened: 9/15/2013 11:16:15 PM

The document outline was working fine as long as I had Visual Studio 2013 Preview (through all the updates). However, once I upgraded to RC, I am now unable to get the document outline to display anything. No matter which document in my project I open, it always displays a message "There are no items to show for the selected document.". If I simply open the same file in the 2012, the document outline works just fine.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/29/2014 at 12:29 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. This issue has been fixed in Visual Studio 2013. You can install a trial version of Visual Studio 2013 with the fix from: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832436
Posted by Microsoft on 9/23/2013 at 1:47 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are able to reproduce this issue and are fixing the issue in the RTM.

Please keep the feedback coming.

Thanks,
The Windows Forms Team
Posted by hukhukhuk on 9/22/2013 at 10:19 PM
At least C1Ribbon and C1FlexGrid seem to have this effect, I haven't checked other components alone. Versions tested are 4.6.20122.701 for FlexGrid and 4.0.20122.393 for Ribbon.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/20/2013 at 10:31 AM
Hello,
What ComponentOne controls are you using?
What version of ComponentOne library are you using?
Windows Forms Product Team
Posted by hukhukhuk on 9/18/2013 at 11:58 PM
The issue seems to be related to 3rd party components (in this case, from ComponentOne). If I remove them, it the document outline works again. Is the solution, then, to wait for the 3rd party to update their components, or is there something I can do on my end?
Posted by hukhukhuk on 9/16/2013 at 5:35 AM
I exported and reset my settings, but that seemed to provide no help. After I reset the settings, the document outline is still not working.
However, I did notice, that if I opened a new project (or a very small, one-form project), the outline worked. As soon as I open any of the "real" projects, though, it stops working.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/16/2013 at 4:52 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Please export and reset environment settings file by clicking Tools-> Import and Export Settings, after that, please zip the file and send it to us so that we can conduct further.

Please try this (from a Visual Studio command prompt with devenv in the path):
devenv /resetuserdata

Thanks,
Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team
Posted by hukhukhuk on 9/15/2013 at 11:17 PM
Forgot to mention, no amount of restarting of either Visual Studio or the whole system helped to solve this.
File Name Submitted By Submitted On File Size