Organizational Account seeting errors out when connecting to WAAD by RKrishnan

Opened: 11/8/2013 9:19:05 AM

In VS 2013 I tried to change the authentication setting to organizational account and used my WAAD. I was directed to logon to my azure account; After I enter my credentials, I get error and cannot go past it. At time it freezes and closes VS 2013
Posted by Microsoft on 11/26/2013 at 10:42 AM
Thanks for reporting the issue. This is now fixed in VS 2013 Update 2.
Posted by RKrishnan on 11/15/2013 at 1:58 PM
I have found the reason. I was using my live ID in the tenant log in instead of the global administrator id. Still there should be better way of recovering from this with proper error message rather than crashing. Please consider this closed.
Posted by RKrishnan on 11/15/2013 at 10:01 AM
Any update on this?
Posted by RKrishnan on 11/13/2013 at 9:46 AM
I used the feedback tool to capture the issue and attached it to this ID.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/12/2013 at 10:35 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Microsoft on 11/11/2013 at 11:40 PM
Hello again. We wanted to give you a quick reminder that to efficiently investigate and reproduce your issue, we need you submit the additional information we requested. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/10/2013 at 11:23 PM
Thanks for your feedback. In order to efficiently investigate and reproduce this issue, we are requesting additional information outlined below.

Could you please give us a dump file so that we can conduct further research?

Visual Studio now has an extension called Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Feedback Tool, available on the VS gallery(<http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/563d1003-f0ed-498f-8ef9-f8ee1aac39fe>)

The extension allows you to
1. upload files
2. collect trace and dump files
3. collect steps while you're repro'ing the issue
4. SQM logs about VS extensions installed
5. System details (in DxDiag output)

Please submit this information to us within 3 business days. We look forward to hearing from you with this information.

Microsoft Visual Studio Connect Support Team