Sync with Windows Phone by Soleron

Active

Type: Suggestion
Opened: 4/19/2013 9:17:03 AM
Duplicates: 814232

It would be great if the favorites from my Windows 8 PC were available on my Windows 8 Phone.
Posted by Simón López on 4/3/2014 at 6:11 AM
This needs to be fixed as soon as possible
Posted by gclarkm on 3/27/2014 at 9:12 AM
I'm just chiming in that my new WP8 phone is great and having Win8.1 on my desk top and tablet provides many great things...however my favorites in Bing Maps are not synching to anywhere on my phone. As many have pointed out this is not that hard.    The new Bing Apps for News, Weather, etc. all work and synch across my devices. With my Nokia 925 I've got Here Maps which seem sufficient but having to retype my trip after I already have them in Maps Favorites on Win 8, is troubling. Also, if you use Bing Maps on IE and use My Places....those don't sync anywhere either.

I am hopeful that WP 8.1 update and the newly updated Map API will provide some better integration.
Posted by dasilvalj on 10/27/2013 at 5:27 PM
Por favor, sincronizar os favoritos do celular com o aplicativo para PC é algo indispensável.
Posted by Night-Shock on 8/14/2013 at 12:51 PM
Integrations with all the MS systems would be great. To be able to look up addresses and save them on my Surface RT and then be able to navigate to that same place using my phone without needing to re-enter my address would save be time. I do a ton of traveling for work and to save time I look for places to eat near my destination before I leave. If I could bring that information up on my phone and navigate to that location without having to look it up again it would save TONS of time.
Posted by Quikky on 8/4/2013 at 12:28 PM
It's bizarre that this hasn't already been implemented. Both Bing maps on Windows 8.1 and on Windows Phone 8 are connected to your Microsoft account. The favourites should be universal.
Posted by Chinbad on 7/13/2013 at 3:20 PM
I believe that feature suggestion ID:788810 should be merged with this one.
Posted by Jordan Knapp on 7/13/2013 at 5:02 AM
Need My Favorites/My Places to sync between Windows RT, Phone and browser based maps. The Map app already says connected to my MS Account - just go get my places and put them in Favorites!
Posted by mircea2005 on 6/22/2013 at 12:11 AM
This
A millions times this!

How is this not already implemented is beyond me. You have an ecosystem. How about actually using its benefits for a change.

Having a location pinned on the desktop map and then having access to it later on the phone (automatically) is a very useful functionality and a must have if you want the whole experience to feel unified across devices.
Posted by DUNN0 on 6/18/2013 at 4:27 AM
I agree too. It's a poor experience that map favorites/my places etc are kept separate between Windows RT, Windows Phone, and the browser.

It really gives us an insight into the bad planning or bad communication within Microsoft.
Posted by ELVISR77 on 5/11/2013 at 11:10 AM
I completely agree with this person. I am not always around my computer and it would be great if I can do it in my Windows Phone 8.