Microsoft Edge File Upload Bug (Build 10240 RTM) - by Microsoft Edge File Upload Bug

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 7/21/2015 10:55:55 AM

There is bug in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Build 10240 , when you click on Browse and select a file for upload, It wouldn't be selected.
Posted by RakeshMalik on 8/4/2017 at 1:21 AM
It's still broken. And it's very easy to reproduce; try it on pretty much any web site, and uploads from Edge fail, even though they work with every other browser.
Posted by Jary Johnson on 5/17/2017 at 3:24 PM
This shouldn't be a closed ticket I have Edge and it will not upload on most anything except a .net application. I have godaddy email it will not upload the file from there. This needs fixed.

Posted by Microsoft on 4/4/2016 at 9:29 PM
We've moved! Search for this issue at http://issues.microsoftedge.com. If you don't find it and still believe this is an issue, please file a new issue on our new platform issues tracker.
Posted by debater on 1/6/2016 at 7:04 AM
I am seeing the same bug as I believe was originally described: I click on the 'Browse...' button and select a file to be uploaded (see "Edge Upload Bug 2.PNG" attached), but the file path is never displayed in the text box (see "Edge Upload Bug 1.PNG" attached). The relevant HTML is in attached file "Edge Upload Bug 3.txt" and Edge version in "Edge Upload Bug 4.PNG".
Posted by Mike E Yeager on 8/22/2015 at 11:52 AM
PS, I just added a file attachment. Ironically, I had to re-open the issue in Chrome so that I could upload the screen shot. It's a screen shot of the debugger paused when Edge freezes.
Posted by Mike E Yeager on 8/22/2015 at 11:47 AM
I've just run across this while developing an MVC app with VS 2015. When I click on the file upload control, the browser freezes. If I have developer tools up, I can break and it seems to be stuck in an infinite loop concerning browserlink. It worked fine for me up until today, then this started. It still works fine in IE11, Chrome, etc. Just freezing in Edge.
Posted by HenryRawas on 8/14/2015 at 10:49 AM
It does not work for me either. This bug needs to be re-opened.
Posted by P_A_T on 8/11/2015 at 3:06 PM
It does not work for me. I tried with bing image search using image match. When click on upload an image nothing happen.
Posted by Charles Morris [MSFT] on 7/29/2015 at 4:29 PM
As noted, file upload works fine if you browse (as described in the bug). If you are referring to drag and drop, this is indeed a known issue that we're working on.
Posted by EricLaw [ex-MSFT] on 7/28/2015 at 11:06 AM
This isn't about "upload" but instead about HTML5 drag/drop.

This functionality hasn't yet been implemented. The team is aware of the shortcoming. http://textslashplain.com/2015/07/20/microsoft-edge-bugs-and-omissions/
Posted by James Volt on 7/21/2015 at 11:38 PM
regular upload works for me also, but drop files from explorer - does not.
Posted by Koorosh Ghorbani on 7/21/2015 at 11:07 AM
it work's fine for me ,
but , maybe the target website not functional with Microsoft edge .