I downloaded IE10 when it became available for Windows 7. Whilst external web browsing was good I noticed some issues when trying to use the browser to access 'internal' devices on my network such as my router UI (Netgear 3700 firmware 184.108.40.206) on 192.168.1.1 and my NAS (My Book Live) on 192.168.1.8. I was seeing severe delays 'waiting for response' before the pages/UI loaded in on an intermittent basis. Sometimes up to 20 seconds. Seemed very strange, trying various compatibility modes (using the developer tools console) made no difference. Even accessing my FTP drive within IE10 browser was intermittently sluggish. So it seems IE10 has some problems/delays accessing internal device UI. This was on 32 bit IE10 but if memory serves me right was also happening on 64 bit version too. I also tried running without add ons and this made no difference.
I think this needs to be looked into because as soon as I rolled back to Internet Explorer 9 all was fine and access to these 'internal' devices was more or less instant again. Plus I have the latest Firefox and this has none of the same problems. For what it's worth I run MS Security Essentials and all my Windows Updates are fully upto date.