* A table exists with several columns and rows.
* The table has a style attribute with a width specification of 100 percent.
* All table cells are configured with style attributes containing a width specification that is a percentage.
* All row's width specifications add up to 100 percent.
* Some of table cells span columns.
* One of the table cells that spans columns has a div in it.
* The div has a style attribute with a width specification.
If the width specification of the div is entered using percentage, then the table renders as expected. However, if the width specification is entered as a pixel width, and the value used is more than roughly half what the column would have without anything in it, then the width specifications of all the columns is no longer respected when rendering the table.
The issue can also occur if it is a table inside the table data instead of a div.
Here is an example of the problem: http://jsfiddle.net/YEZXB/1/