Cannot add Favorites in IE11 desktop browser Windows 8.1 - by The_D0lph1n

Not Reproducible<br /><br />

Opened 7/31/2013 3:54:30 PM

An odd problem that I just noticed was that the desktop browser is unable to add websites to Favorites. The button on the Favorites bar does not work, nor the button in the favorites menu, nor the Ctrl-D shortcut. The Modern browser can add favorites normally.
Posted by greencanoe on 9/11/2015 at 10:36 AM
Can MS SUPPORT review this issue please ? I have the same problem and i'm not the only one as per below. IE Team may contact me directly and I can share screen so you can see. There must be a way for you to help users ...
Description: Win 8.1, IE 11 on Dell desktop
I have had 8.1 for a long time. IE11 i don't know. everthing was working fine up until about a month ago. I still can see my "old" favorites, but cannot create any new ones.
If I do "Alt Z", nothing happens. Or when I click on the star, the "ADD TO FAVORITES" button appears on the top. When I click that, NOTHING happens. All my existing favorite folders appear on the bottom which is ok. Thank you
Posted by cyber_nicco on 9/4/2015 at 8:35 AM
I have the same problem.
Posted by graphius on 7/24/2014 at 11:15 AM
I am having the same problem in ie 11 on windows 8.1. I am unable to add sites to favourites. I can click the button, use the menu, but the favourites don't show up anywhere, either menu or favourites bar.
Not sure what else to add.
Posted by Taiyeb on 11/25/2013 at 8:31 AM
I am also having the same issue. I am on windows 8.1 and have moved my favorites to Skydrive folder so that all machines are in the sync. But now I cannot add to the Favorites. It always goes to the root folder.
Posted by AndyRC on 10/19/2013 at 11:10 AM
OK - I have the same issue since upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

In Windows 8 I had moved my Favorites Folder to /Users/Andy/SkyDrive so that they would automatically backup to my SkyDrive. Now when I try to add a Favorite I can only add it at the root Favorites folder lever. I can define a new folder and it appears in the File Explorer in my /Users/Andy/SkyDrive/Favorites folder but does NOT appear in the Add Favorites folder pull down menu. In fact no Favorites subdirectories appear in that pull down menu. See attachments for screen shots. The screenshots should be viewed in sequence to show the problem. Notice, in particular, that once the Favorite directory has been added the 'Create In' panel in the Add Favorites panel is blank.

Hope this helps resolve the issue.
Posted by IECustomizer on 10/13/2013 at 11:36 PM
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Stockwell [MSFT] on 8/28/2013 at 9:50 AM
Thank you for clarifying. If you are able to find a set of steps that makes this problem more consistently reproducible, please do let us know so that we might investigate further.

Christian Stockwell
Posted by The_D0lph1n on 8/3/2013 at 10:02 PM
This appears to a computer-specific problem. I was unable to reproduce this issue an another computer running IE11.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/1/2013 at 2:05 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently unable to reproduce this issue as described.

We value your feedback. If you have additional information that can help us recreate this issue — such as a specific url, more detailed steps, test results from different machines, or additional conditions — please reactivate the bug or submit a new bug with more details on how to reproduce the issue. You can also read the guidelines at regarding filing a good bug report.

Best regards,