Add "Download Chrome" Button to IE by MasterOfFailure

as Won't Fix Help for as Won't Fix

Opened: 10/22/2013 3:58:48 AM

For the upcoming release I would like to see a big button in the middle of the screen labelled "Download Chrome" which takes the user to the Google Chrome download home page and allow them to download Chrome and automatically uninstall IE in a practical and efficient manner.

This feature has been very highly requested by the IE browsing community.

If Microsoft implements this feature I will guarantee you that IE will become the most popular browser known to download another browser.

Thank you.

Steve Ballmer
Posted by Microsoft on 10/29/2013 at 11:11 AM
Thank you for your feedback.
We appreciate feedback that will help us improve Internet Explorer, unfortunately this feedback will not. Please feel free to leave feedback about a specific problem.

The Internet Explorer Team.
Posted by Niekess on 10/25/2013 at 6:47 AM
1) CTRL + SHIFT + L or right-click somewhere on the page and not the address bar but it's indeed nice to unify it with other browsers.
2) User preference, I prefer to see the icon of a site instead of snapshot and so does the IE team it seems. Can't read the snapshots anyway, too small.
3) At about Internet Explorer is there an option checked for automatic updates as default. Major releases will take a bit more hassle to install since IE is directly upon the hardware and OS.
4) I agree, yet I hear some people calling the developer tools of Chrome because of some information is vise-able they never use.
5) Agree too, Windows 7 had its time of glory and now with Windows 8.1 to clear up most Windows 8 irritation is it time to move on from Windows 7.

What I mostly like about IE is their touch support and new features for JavaScript and CSS. Some of these make my life as web developer so much easier like the Grid system. It's a shame that other browsers aren't adapting it even though it's a web standard now (I believe). It won't stop me for making my new website use this Grid system.
Posted by Jitesh Ghushe on 10/24/2013 at 1:40 AM
IE should come up with simple features which will see users returning back to IE from Chrome. In 3 years IE lost almost 40% to 50% browser market share.

1) Paste + Go button
2) Snapshot of the popular pages visited instead of icons on the New TAB (empty) screen.
3) Auto updating feature as in Chrome, so that all users are on same version.. My IE 10 was not upgraded to IE 11 automatically.
4) The F12 option on IE 11 is welcome move. Impress developer/Blogers and they will spread good talk about IE.
5) IE 12 should be avilable on all OS after windows 7, irerespective of the Service pack. Omit features which are not supported by OLD OS.
Posted by Niekess on 10/23/2013 at 7:50 AM
I prefer Chrome to put a download link to Internet Explorer since it's more secure and stable.
Internet Explorer is also the leading browser in performance and touch making it the most advanced browser for modern technology.
Posted by Kagami Rosylight on 10/22/2013 at 12:20 PM
Download Firefox button on Chrome? ;)
Posted by MasterOfFailure on 10/22/2013 at 4:06 AM
1 - Type in the URL (press F6 or just click on the address bar) https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
2 - Click "Download Chrome" link.
3 - Accept IE security warning.
4 - Install chrome.