Please introduce sharing in Internet Explorer right out-of-the-box.
Following is a concept (please note I am not a designer, so don't expect high-end graphics):
You will observe:
- The new sharing icon in the address bar is taken from Windows 8x Charms menu.
- The QR code makes it easy to share with mobile devices.
- The short code makes it easy to send via tweets/SMS etc. where we have character limit. You guys can consume http://viz.ms (domain is available to register) in contrast with http://aka.ms (which is for MSFT employees only), and use the same URL shortening logic for aka.ms.
- The copy logo is taken from imageres.dll (File Explorer's ribbon menu copy logo without folder).
- Link to Microsoft's "Read It Later" app, available in Windows Store.
- Announce: To share the current link on social media of your choice (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Microsoft's Socl, Google +1). Icons taken from Socl sprite http://az369334.vo.msecnd.net/3.0/css/img/socl-icons-1x-v27.png (You guys can leverage Casablanca project on Codeplex for this one!)
- Favourites graphic is that of IE's ("add to favourites" icon might make more sense).
I truly believe that this will add value to user's productivity and shall give IE extra advantage over other browsers.
And I wish that a relevant person gets this feedback and convince the bosses to include this useful feature in the next update.
Thank you :->