Problem with FTP/wininet after installing IE11 - by Pablo Software Solutions

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 11/20/2013 3:11:18 AM
Primary Feedback Item 808279

Our product (WYSIWYG Web Builder) uses wininet to upload files to a FTP server. This has worked fine for years. Now after upgrading to IE11 many of our users have reporting FTP/wininet issues.
It's no longer possible to upload more than one file because after the first file wininet reports error 12003 and programmatically there is no way to recover from this error (trying does not work). It looks like wininet internally does not handle the response from the FTP server correctly.

Note that this problem does only occur in our software, all software using FTP through wininet no longer works. Including the standard FTP functionality built-in Windows Explorer).

Posted by Louis [MSFT] on 1/7/2014 at 3:53 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are tracking this issue under Connect Feedback
. Please follow the progress of this bug there. Thank you.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by cablej on 12/23/2013 at 9:38 AM
Similar problem to that above. File downloaded using Wininet from IE11 is corrupted. CRC check fails. Binary review shows corruption of 16 bytes consistently in multiple locations on 180mb file. 10-50mb files have not been corrupted so far. Corruptions not in consistent locations from download to download. Ftp.exe and Filezilla client are not having the same problem with the files in question. Rolled back to IE 10 and problem was solved but clients are not happy.
Posted by Travis_J on 11/25/2013 at 10:01 PM
Just want to say that this problem *is* occurring for me, as well. And yes, as the Author of this Thread stated, I am using the WYSIWYG Web Builder software. But as the Author of this thread also said, this problem with wininet is happening with OTHER pieces of software that have built-in FTP protocols, too, like Dreamweaver, etc.

I am eagerly and anxiously hoping Microsoft will be able to fix this issue soon so that I can get WYSIWYG Web Builder working again 100%, as I need it for my small business. It is critical for me.

Thank you.

--Travis J, MBA
Travis J Consulting, LLC
Posted by Andy Schmidt on 11/22/2013 at 10:54 AM
Same as this bug report:
Posted by danpres on 11/22/2013 at 6:54 AM
I have the same problem with my software on hundreds of installations ....

For now I'm doing uninstall IE11, other solutions?