Windows 8.1 Upgrade / IE11 - FTP Problems - by MChiasson

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 11/22/2013 6:29:32 AM
Primary Feedback Item 808279

We use a document management system that relies on FTP credentials to upload documents into our repositories. Numerous users began having issues after upgrading their Windows 8 workstations to Windows 8.1. Files will upload into our system but be corrupt. We've tested numerous things and narrowed this down to only Windows 8.1 users.

After searching on the net it seems there are numerous people complaining about a completely unusable FTP service after upgrading to IE11 (part of the 8.1 upgrade). This has effected our business is a very negative manner and we need an immediate resolution. Please alert me when a fix is available.
Posted by rollinghillsfolk on 10/1/2014 at 12:15 PM
Since new computer, Windows 8.1 and IE11 I can no longer upload amended files to my website using Serif Webplus X5
I have had a new router and BT Infinity too and the old system XP and IE9 worked perfectly for years.
Has the issue been resolved?
Not being a web developer only an interested amateur I have no idea what the workarounds mean.
Any help would be grateful.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/7/2014 at 12:32 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

We are tracking Connect Feedback #808279 with the same issue. Please follow the progress of this bug at .

Best regards,
The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by PierreLegault on 12/28/2013 at 11:06 AM
Using WYSIWYG web builder to publish on my server, I managet to make it work if I use Winsock FTP Engine, instead of Winnet,........ But the UPLOAD of a 55 file page takes over 7 minutes

REALY hope this problem get fixed soon .
Posted by CrowDogsDamnIt on 12/19/2013 at 4:15 PM
Same problem, and guess what? Microsoft doesn't care. Surprise, surprise.
Posted by MChiasson on 12/2/2013 at 7:54 AM
Can anyone from Microsoft comment on this or offer a fix?!? This is an absolutely unacceptable bug and they don't allow you to downgrade IE11 or 8.1.
Posted by Matt Devlpr on 11/22/2013 at 2:29 PM
Same issue. Most importantly when uploading image files through any FTP client the images become corrupted.
Posted by Andy Schmidt on 11/22/2013 at 10:55 AM
Same as this bug:
Posted by mikemike4711 on 11/22/2013 at 10:04 AM
I've the same problem with FTP-programs that rely on the build-in FTP functions in windows. IE11 seems to install a corrupt wininet.dll which makes FTP-programs unstable.