IE11 causing problems with Printers(Dell made by Lexmark) unknown if other printers are involved - by PudgyOne

Fixed<br /><br />

ID 812071 Comments
Opened 12/20/2013 2:43:42 AM
Duplicates 813603 Access Restriction Public

After the people installed Internet explorer 11, they started having printer issues.

Members found that if they uninstalled Internet Explorer 11, the printer problems went away.

Not sure if Internet Explorer 11 is causing other issues or not. Still watching to see if there are other issues.

Posted by Louis [MSFT] on 9/24/2015 at 3:09 PM
Thank you for the feedback. This issue appears to have been fixed in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge. We're not presently working on feature bugs in Internet Explorer outside of security-related issues.
Best Regards,
The Microsoft Edge Team
Posted by PudgyOne on 8/2/2015 at 3:32 PM
Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Posted by debba10 on 7/28/2015 at 8:16 PM
I've got the same problem with my Dell v715w printer. The workaround DOES NOT work for me. I want to use IE 11 but I also need to print. Has Microsoft figured out the problem yet?
Posted by LSUPM1 on 5/17/2015 at 4:10 PM
I am having this problem with a Dell v313 printer and IE 11 on Win7 64bit OS. Seems there is no print driver update nor MS fix posted for this, although the symptoms were well defined a year ago. I am trying the workaround (instead of balloon tips, my printer calls it "printivity").
Posted by LzyNerd227 on 5/7/2015 at 12:52 PM

You may want to consider PudgyOne's alternative solution in the Workarounds section so that you can keep IE11 and be able to print to your V715W at the same time.
Posted by TarheelCoastie on 4/14/2015 at 9:22 AM
It wasn't until I "upgraded" my regular Win7 (64 bit) laptop to IE11 that I began having an issue on my Dell V715W with the paper suddenly stop printing mid-job. I first noticed this issue on another machine, also running IE 11 on Win7 (64-bit). Coincidently, my cordless Logitech mouse (M570) is also now acting weird and giving me frustrating headaches. Hopefully uninstalling IE11 will fix BOTH issues on both laptops.

This has been going on for quite awhile and I am very surprised it hasn't been addressed by now. Dell have been aware of this issue for sometime now also!

Good Luck!
Posted by PudgyOne on 8/26/2014 at 8:56 AM
This problem did NOT happen until Internet Explorer 11 was introduced.

Using the option to turn off the balloon tips, you cannot tell if the printer is low on ink, the paper jams or is not communicating.
Posted by LzyNerd227 on 8/21/2014 at 1:11 PM
Thanks for the new workaround, PudgyOne! Now I can utilize the speed and security of IE11 AND have a functional printer.
Posted by LzyNerd227 on 7/8/2014 at 4:25 PM
Installed IE11, again, today. Afterward, even the first print request will not complete. Back to IE10 and four separate print requests worked fine.
Posted by LzyNerd227 on 6/11/2014 at 9:14 AM
Installed IE11 today. Attempted to run prints to my Dell V515w connected wirelessly afterward. Now, instead of not responding after the first print job it no longer prints after the second print request. Restored my system back before IE11 install and it now prints fine again.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/3/2014 at 7:43 AM
Thank you for your feedback. We will be investigating this issue further.

Best regards,