IE11 Developer Tools: Inspect element on submit input button does not work - by Viktor Krammer

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 5/1/2014 2:10:16 PM

I have noticed that on one of my web pages, if you right-click on the form submit button and click "Inspect element" the corresponding element is not highlighted in the DOM Explorer. (Tested on Windows 8.1 Update 1)
Posted by Microsoft on 5/6/2014 at 9:12 AM
Thank you for your feedback. We will be investigating this issue further.

Best regards,

The Internet Explorer Team
Posted by Viktor Krammer on 5/3/2014 at 7:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Disabling flash, plug-ins, and add-ons does not solve the bug. Tested on latest IE11 x64 Windows 8.1 Update 1.

I have also noticed that IE sometimes highlights another input element on that page but not the submit button where I clicked on "Inspect element".
Posted by IECustomizer on 5/2/2014 at 9:02 PM
try turning on Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering to block the google flash ads on that page.

<iframe name="aswift_0" width="300" height="250" id="aswift_0" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowtransparency="true" onload="var,s=window.google_iframe_oncopy,H=s&&s.handlers,h=H&&H[i],w=this.contentWindow,d;try{d=w.document}catch(e){}if(h&&d&&(!d.body||!d.body.firstChild)){if({setTimeout(h,0)}else if(h.match){try{h=s.upd(h,i)}catch(e){}w.location.replace(h)}}"></iframe>
Posted by Kenoty on 5/1/2014 at 11:51 PM
OK, now I am able to reproduce this bug. But I remember I followed exactly the same steps earlier today, but was not able to reproduce. Weird. BTW, I am using exactly the same version of IE as vcemasko.
Posted by vcemasko on 5/1/2014 at 10:32 PM
Reproduced under x64 IE11.0.9600.17105 update 11.0.7 KB2964358.
The Dom Explorer is opened but does not highlight the corresponding input element (button "Eintragen") from
Posted by Kenoty on 5/1/2014 at 5:57 PM
It works fine on my computer. I am using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 Update 1 as well.