ISE V3 - Need to be able to Comment a series of lines in a block of code. - by MaxTrinidad

Fixed<br /><br />

Type Suggestion Repros 0
Opened 12/3/2011 8:13:52 AM

I can't comment a block of code.

Just a suggestion that may help all newbies in using PowerShell ISE V3 to be able to highlight a block of code (this code be a function with 50 lines) to be commented out. This could be added in the ribbon menu and available when doing a right-click to the highlighted code.

PS... in the question "How often does this happen?", there's no option for not available.
Posted by MaxTrinidad on 9/16/2015 at 11:27 AM
And, Microsoft closed without a resolution. It's been 4 year's since I posted this issue and ended up without been resolved. They are letting the community to come up with add-on solutions to correct missing features. This is why I don't use ISE.

This is a VALID Issue and so sad they didn't fix it in 4 years. I think it's time to move the ISE code to Open Source.
Posted by Mike-EEE on 9/16/2015 at 9:13 AM
This issue really isn't "fixed." The vulcan-keyboard alt-shift dance is hardly elegant. Visual Studio has this functionality built-in and it's a shame that yet another MSFT group goes ahead and reinvents another IDE wheel. Visual Studio even offers a lightweight Shell you could have leveraged. Way to show attention detail and a passion for your product, fellas. Collect a paycheck, much? You would do well in the SQL Server group.
Posted by JoelDB on 9/9/2015 at 12:57 PM
I agree with Dominik. Wrapping (and unwrapping) a section of code in a block comment <# code #> is something that would be very useful.
Posted by Dominik Trojnar on 6/25/2015 at 1:45 AM
I would not treat Microsoft's comment as a resolution - it comments every line with "#" and what would be nice is to have <# #> block comment.
Posted by on 9/5/2014 at 9:22 AM
Play online <a href=> free flash games</a>
Posted by Free game 3 on 8/13/2014 at 2:05 PM
It worked.
Posted by sba on 7/24/2014 at 8:05 AM
The Alt+Shift+Up/Down, # trick indeed works (where is it documented?) but there's no easy-and-fast "uncomment" equivalent AFAIK
Posted by Dan [MSFT] on 5/1/2014 at 8:40 PM
We added this in v3. Try this:
Put cursor on Column 1 in a script
Press Alt + Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys to block select lines to comment
Press # to add comment
Posted by deadlydog on 6/20/2013 at 10:11 AM
I agree that this should be provided out of the box. In the meantime I show how you can get this functionality within a couple minutes by using the add-on I made on my blog at
Posted by Joel 'Jaykul' Bennett on 1/25/2012 at 6:39 PM
Don't forget to UNCOMMENT a block too.