Ctrl+X cut keyboard shortcut stops working in PowerShell_ISE after a while - by Keith Hill MVP

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 1/22/2013 1:43:02 PM

After a while of using PowerShell_ISE, the Ctrl+X keyboard shortcut stops working.  What is odd is that nothing short of a reboot fixes the problem.
Posted by tresf on 7/1/2015 at 11:59 AM
There are several potential causes, but Splashtop Personal - Remote Desktop for Windows seems to have a conflict with Windows PowerShell ISE where CTRL+X stops working, but Edit, Cut works fine.

For now, closing the Splashtop connection fixes the issue.
Posted by Agetro Nairb on 4/14/2015 at 12:31 PM
I just found that closing Dameware Mini Remote Control caused CTRL+X functionality to come back.
Posted by Kio_ on 3/16/2015 at 8:54 AM
As Scott - Oregon posted on 9/1/2014 I was able to replicate this issue with the VNC Viewer. I accidentally started it when mRemote, and as soon as I closed it the problem went away.
Posted by dan-gph on 11/27/2014 at 6:08 PM
Closing TightVNC Viewer 2.7.10 fixed it for me.
Posted by Andrei Sinelnikov on 11/20/2014 at 12:05 PM
Same for me. Ctrl-X copying instead of cutting. Opening Notepad++ have no effect. Issue appeared just a week or so ago. Maybe earlier - I wasn't using ISE in a while
Posted by JVimes2 on 11/6/2014 at 3:57 PM
VirtualBox and/or Notepad++ seem to be contributing to it for me. I've seen minimizing and/or closing either one "fix" it for a while. Clipboard locking issue?
Posted by Scott - Oregon on 9/1/2014 at 6:11 PM
In my case, I could reproduce this behavior by opening VNC Viewer. When it was open, Ctrl-X didn't work. When it was closed, it did. This is reproducible.
FWIW, my VNC client: UltraVNC_1.0.8.2_vncviewer_x64\vncviewer.exe
I also have Notepad++ but closing that didn't seem to matter.... could have been some interaction though.
Posted by Scotifer on 8/5/2014 at 9:49 AM
Notepad++ - Yes, that is my problem as well - thanks. If I exit Notepad++, all works. Very odd, at least I have a partial solution.
Posted by Phil Brassington on 7/2/2014 at 7:46 AM
Win 8.1 Pro CTL-X just copies. Haven't had any crashes, but not using ISE heavily.
Posted by Tibor Soos on 10/25/2013 at 1:17 AM
For me this has never happened before I started to use Notepad++.
Now I can reproduce the issue: if I simply start Notepad++ then Ctrl+X won't work in ISE, when I close Notepad++ the Ctrl+X starts working again, without restarting ISE.
Posted by Inflatablemouse on 10/6/2013 at 3:57 AM
PS 4 with Windows 8.1 still has this issue. I can reproduce it on PS 3.0 on Windows 8, Windows 2008 and PS 4.0 on Windows 8.1.
Posted by bithorrent on 8/21/2013 at 2:21 AM
Also seeing Ctrl-C failing randomly. Very annoying and makes the ISE unusable for me.
Posted by InTheMirror on 7/3/2013 at 5:41 AM
This is a very annoying bug ... copy/paste and cut/paste
Posted by krknopp on 5/8/2013 at 3:07 PM
Ctrl-C also fails. Right Clicking and choosing Copy causes ISE to crash and reopen.