Yukon Mirroring Monitoring DCR’s:
1. We should be able to specify the mirroring event type logged in the Event Viewer, e.g., we should be able to specify in the configuration that for mirroring Performance Alerts, e.g., “Warn if the unsent log exceeds the threshold > 150 MB”, log an event of type “error” in the Event Viewer. These mirroring performance alerts should be visible under SqlServerAgent Alerts. At this time, they are only visible in the Mirroring Monitor GUI.
2. We should be able to configure as to how frequently data is written to the tables by the mirroring monitor GUI. The current setting is every 30 seconds. This generates alerts every 30 seconds, which is excessive in a support environment.
3. For mirroring performance alerts, database name should be part of the alert.
4. For WMI mirroring state change alerts, server name and db name should be part of the alerts.
5. For WMI state change alerts, at this time we need to create new alerts every time mirroring is added for a new database and then delete the same when mirroring is removed for a particular database. This is very cumbersome in a support environment. We would rather have one alert per dbm state that would fire for all databases and have the event notification which contains both the server and database names (which are both possible as there are member variables in the Datablock structure to hold these values). Also, those WMI mirroring state change alerts should be created by default (visible under SqlServerAgent Alerts), when we install mirroring. We should not have to manually run scripts to create them.