Ability to customize report splash screen (during parameter submission) - by Ryan McCauley

Status Active Workarounds
Type Suggestion Repros 0
Opened 6/10/2016 2:57:33 PM

While selecting report parameters, the "report display" space is blank and there's no ability to customize what's displayed in this area. Report development should include the ability to customize this canvas area - I'd like include the report title, a summary, any guidance with using the parameters that would be helpful for the user, as well as possibly some dynamic data (like expected runtime, pulled on the fly from the ReportServer database). I'd even settle for just the report title, as the current parameter selection screen has no way to view the title of the report you currently have open (if you have multiple tabs with reports rendering, it's easy to lose track of which report you're waiting to view).
Posted by mendosi on 1/17/2017 at 3:42 PM
This is a great suggestion, I think it could really help improve the user experience.
Posted by Ryan McCauley on 1/10/2017 at 7:46 AM
I've attempted to attach the images a few times and they're still not visible - I've made a blog post so people can see what I'm proposing with this suggestion:

Posted by Ryan McCauley on 9/23/2016 at 10:57 AM
Any chance I can get an update on the expected review timeline here? As for the mock-up screenshot I created, I'd like to see those attached publicly to the item so that others can see what I'm proposing with they add their vote to this suggestion.

Thanks!
Posted by Ryan McCauley on 8/9/2016 at 9:23 AM
What's the timeline for reviewing this suggestion and allowing others to see the screenshots I've mocked up? It's been open for two months and I know there are a number of things to go through, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how long the process normally takes.
Posted by Kevin [MSFT] on 6/20/2016 at 4:58 PM
Thank you for your input.
Although it may not look like it in the Connect tool, both the Current Layout.png and Proposed Layout.png screenshots did make it into our database on the back end, so the team will have them to look at while reviewing your suggestion.
Kevin Farlee