SSMS: Intellisense doesn't display parameter list for sprocs or functions - by Jamie Thomson

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 10/30/2007 4:59:17 PM

I am using the MVP-only pre-CTP5 release.

Intellisense will show the parameter list for a sproc or function in a helpful yellow box.  I know that because I've saw it yesterday. HOWEVER, try as I might I CANNOT get that parameter list to appear on demand. CTRL-J doesn't do it. Hovering over my SQL statement doesn't do it. If there isa  command to make this appear then I must have pressed it without knowing it yesterday. If there isn't a command then why isn't it displaying for me?

Similarly, typing "exec " followed by CTRL-J doesn't bring up a list of available sprocs.
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 12/19/2007 at 10:45 AM
Nice one. Thanks again Ken.
Posted by Microsoft on 12/19/2007 at 10:07 AM
Hi Jamie,

A quick update here. The development team has checked in a fix to support properly loading the parameter list for a sproc and cleaned up the information displayed. The test team will be validating the fix shortly so we are in good shape to see this fixed for CTP 6.

Regards,
Ken Van Hyning
Posted by Jamie Thomson on 11/5/2007 at 5:13 PM
excellent. thanks Ken.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/5/2007 at 9:31 AM
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for submitting this issue. We have been actively working on the param help functionality for CTP 6. There hasn't been a lot of changes from what you have already seen in CTP 5 pre-release vs. the real CTP 5 coming out shortly.

I'll double check the resovled bugs and update you on the exact status here but I believe you will see this addressed in the CTP 6 milestone.

Best regards,
Ken
Posted by Microsoft on 11/5/2007 at 9:25 AM
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for logging this request. We are actively working on support for parameter help in sprocs and functions. I'll double check with the team on status and get back to you soon.

Best regards,