SQL Server Home
Changing a Primary Key on a table in Design View
as By Design
1/24/2008 7:47:50 AM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
When changing a Primary Key in Design view using SQL Server 2008 November CTP, you receive an error message that the changes cannot be saved.
SQL Server 2008 November CTP
Tools (SSMS, Agent, Profiler, etc.)
Windows 2003 Enterprise
Operating System Language
Steps to Reproduce
1. Take an existing database table
2. Open the table in Design view in SQL 2008 November CTP
3. Attempt to change the Primary Key constraints on the table
4. Click on the Save button
5. Receive an error message indicating that the changes cannot be saved.
Design view changes to a Primary Key cannot be changed using SQL 2008 November CTP.
Should be able to change the Primary Key in Design View using SQL 2008 November CTP.
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
on 1/24/2008 at 9:51 AM
Thank you for reporting the problem. The message shown is due to the default option in SSMS.
If your change requires a Table Drop / Recreate and you would like to proceed with this option, please enable the same by doing the following:
* Go to Tools-> Options
* Click on Designers
* Uncheck the 'Prevent saving changes that require table recreation'
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
© 2014 Microsoft