sql_engine_core_inst_loc.msi installer error - RC0 - x64 by dsmith-ServiceU

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

Opened: 6/9/2008 10:30:29 AM

When installing RC0 on x64, I get an error:

Unable to open Windows Installer file (beg of path)\sql_engine_core_inst_loc_msi\1033\sql_engine_core_inst_loc.msi

The install file is actually located in the root of sql_engine_core_inst_loc_msi instead of a sub-folder named 1033.
Posted by henk144 on 10/22/2010 at 3:22 PM
I got the same when trying to install the server on x86:

"Unable to open Windows Installer file D:\x86\setup\sql_engine_core_inst_loc_msi\1033\sql_engine_core_inst_loc.msi

Windows Installer cannot open the device or file specified'
Posted by smariano77 on 11/4/2009 at 11:18 AM
I don't know what did it work, but I did this two things and I finish the installation:
1. Disable the Windows Firewall
2. Copy the CD to a local folder (eg. C:\Users) and run setup.exe from there.

Regards,

Posted by Microsoft on 7/22/2009 at 9:24 AM
Coudl you specify the download location/URL you are using? We will take a second look.

Thanks,
Max Verun
SQL Server
Posted by JanDV on 7/20/2009 at 6:09 AM
I downloaded this several times and each time the same file gives an error. And several other people on the internet experience the same problem. Might the source file just be corrupt? Could anyone check please?
Posted by Microsoft on 6/16/2008 at 4:10 PM
Your logs indicate a corrupted MSI either due to your original download or from errors on your internal network. Please download a new copy of the install and install from a local copy.
Posted by Microsoft on 6/9/2008 at 2:53 PM
In order to investigate this issue we need your logs. Can you please attach them?

Logs: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Log

Thanks,

Amy Lewis
Posted by smariano77 on 11/4/2009 at 11:18 AM
1. Disable the Windows Firewall
2. Copy the CD to a local folder (eg. C:\Users) and run setup.exe from there.

Regards,