.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: DataDesigners.dll & DataProjects.dll - by Eleonora Hadzhiyska

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 4/7/2009 8:09:34 PM

When I installed(many times) management tools in sql server 2008 standard edition always I have error messages in Erorror log and they not appear later:
. NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ 100 \ Tools \ Binn \ VSShell \ Common7 \ Tools \ VDT \ DataDesigners.dll. Error code = 0x8007000b

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\Tools\VDT\DataProjects.dll . Error code = 0x8007000b . NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Failed to compile: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ 100 \ Tools \ Binn \ VSShell \ Common7 \ Tools \ VDT \ DataProjects.dll. Error code = 0x8007000b
1.What is description about   DataDesigners.dll &  DataProjects.dll .I found that they are V data tool but nothing more.
2. If they are not compiled  and installed successfully how that will impact SQL server functionality?
Posted by Prashant [MSFT] on 10/12/2010 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for reproting this issue.

DataDesigners.dll & DataProjects.dll are used for the Table/View/Query designers in SSMS. These are Native DLLs and thus cannot be NGEN'ed. We have fixed these to not NGEN in the SQL setup.

Prashant Choudhari
Posted by Ana Mihalj on 9/6/2010 at 6:27 AM
I have the same errors after installing SQL Server 2008 R2 enterprise edition on a windows 2008 Enterprise SP2.
Posted by SSRS_DEV on 6/17/2010 at 10:46 AM

P3: 488f2b50
P4: System.Drawing
P6: 4a275e83
P7: 246
P8: c9
P9: System.ComponentModel.Win32

Has anyone else run into this error before and is there a resolution out there? If I load the report to the report server, the report will render correctly. This only happens when trying to preview in VS 2008
Posted by Tdar on 5/6/2010 at 7:39 AM
I was trying to install System center essentials 2010 rtm and i get this problem in my log files. I had completely removed sql server express, did a normal uninstall and a manual uninstall and still get this problem :( so guessin that is why my sce 2010 saying failed on sql server database services prerequsite installation failed .
Posted by bsprocurement on 4/8/2010 at 3:15 AM
This error occurs when running SQL Server 2008 SP1 slipstreamed also
Posted by GaryAlfred on 12/10/2009 at 11:11 AM
The issue manifested as SQL Management Studio 2008 would launch and then freeze up. Event viewer reports the same two errors. The problem persists after a full unistall and reinstall of all SQL Server related products.
Posted by jegor on 12/1/2009 at 6:13 PM
I have the same errors after installing SP1 over SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Tools on a w2k3 se sp2 x32.
I've restarted .NET Runtime Optimization Service. Will see if it appears again.

Same problem discussed here:
Posted by William Biesty on 4/24/2009 at 12:51 PM
I just installed SQL Server 2008 SP1 over SQL Server 2008 RTM on a Windows server 2003 box with the same results.
ngen provides no details.