I have a Windows 7 64 Bit system with SQL Server 2008 R2 installed (which includes VS 2008) and I cannot establish a connection to a simple Access database sitting on the desktop of the very same computer. (Note that I use Office 2010 64 bit) No matter what I do I got the same error of "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered ..."
I downloaded from Microsoft the latest 64 bit AccessDatabaseEngine (Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.14.0) because I cannot use the 32 bit version with Office 2010 64 bit.
I went through all the posting and could not find a solution.
So, let me summarize this simple scenario:
1) I have: a) Windows 7 64bit Pro, b) SQL Server 2008 R2 including VS 2008, c) Office 2010 64bit, and d) installed AccessDatabaseEngine_X64 (from MS).
2) I have an ACCESS database copied on the desktop of the very same computer
3) I would like to establish a database connection to the ACCESS database on the desktop with Analysis services to build some test cubes
4) Problem: I do not have the option of changing the Platform (under the Build > Configuration Manager > "Active Solution Platform" = "new"....). It does not have the drop down list and no matter what I set. See picture here: http://img821.imageshack.us/f/platform1.jpg/
5) Results: error message "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered..."
How should I do it? I cannot change the Platform as you can see from the picture.
I am afraid that this blanked out Platform drop down list is another bug of the SQL Server 2008 R2. (Unofrtunately I already reported one earlier with the blank Function names under the Calculation tab. Maybe the two issues are related?)
OTOH, maybe I missed something and/or did not do it right so any help and instructions would be greatly appreciated. But I suggest to setup the same scenario and test it first.