Issues in KB Article #2154845 - by AaronBertrand

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 9/4/2010 10:06:12 AM

As a result of some experimentation with the new 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer, I happened upon KB Article #2154845 :

"Recommendations to reduce allocation contention in SQL Server tempdb database"

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2154845)

I found at least three issues in this KB article and while I realize it is a "fast publish" article they should still be corrected.  I was going to submit feedback via the KB article itself but that is a black hole to me.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/6/2011 at 5:09 PM
Hi Aaron,
I have verified that CSS has fixed both links to the white paper in the KB article.

Best,
Gail Erickson
SQL Server Documentation Team
Posted by Microsoft on 10/28/2010 at 4:40 PM
Okay. I've reopened the bug for the missing link to the topic. I don't know that the errant space meets the bar. I'll leave that up to CSS.

Cheers,
Gail
Posted by Microsoft on 10/28/2010 at 4:40 PM

Cheers,
Gail
Posted by AaronBertrand on 10/28/2010 at 10:23 AM
Gail, 2. is still no addressed. Under resolution, there are two instances of the link "Working with tempdb in SQL Server 2005" - I see the first link was changed slightly (there is now an errant space between "2005" and the terminating period), but the second link (right above "Back to the top) is still not clickable.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/28/2010 at 9:56 AM
Hi Aaron,
CSS has corrected the KB article and republished it. I have verified the changes, so I'm closing as fixed. Please reopen if your concerns have not been addressed.

Best,
Gail Erickson
SQL Server Documentation Team
Posted by Microsoft on 9/28/2010 at 4:24 PM
Hi Aaron,
I'm locating the owner of this KB article and will assign the bug to him/her.

Best,