Some datatypes doesn't honor localization - by SwePeso

External<br /><br />
		This item may be valid but belongs to an external system out of the direct control of this product team.<br /><br />

Status Resolved Workarounds
Opened 1/14/2011 12:04:15 AM
Duplicates 458416 Access Restriction Public

Some datatypes doesn't use the correct decimal separator when presenting the result
Posted by Luiz [MSFT] on 11/19/2012 at 12:03 PM

Thanks for following up. Unfortunatelly, right now, we don't have concrete plans or dates, but this is something we want to fix in the future

Luiz Santos
Sr. Program Manager
Posted by Toni Salomäki on 10/11/2012 at 12:49 AM
At least in Management Studio 2012 (Win 7, decimal separator , in windows regional settings) + SQL Server 2008 the following statement can be used to reproduce the problem:

select convert(float, 1.1), convert(numeric(2,1), 1.1)

The result will be: 1,1 and 1.1
Posted by Bas van Atteveldt on 2/28/2012 at 11:51 PM
In order to reproduce it, apart from using the given script, set your locale to use a comma as a decimal seperator instead of a point.
Posted by Luiz [MSFT] on 1/5/2012 at 10:17 AM

Not yet. Are you blocked by this issue?

Posted by yioann on 1/4/2012 at 10:39 AM
any progress on this?

We have the same behaviour when I use ssms2008 r2 to connect to an sql 2000 server.
Posted by Luiz [MSFT] on 12/7/2011 at 3:09 PM

Thanks for your feedback. We will evaluate this bug for a future release. Right now, you can reformat the values using the most appropriate FormatProvider class. Due to a infrastructure limitation, I'll be closing this issue and re-open it in a different database in order to track it better.

Luiz Santos
Posted by ALZDBA on 10/4/2011 at 12:03 AM
Same behaviour on SSMS SQL2008R2 SP1 :-(
Posted by SwePeso on 2/27/2011 at 2:03 PM
If I change Regional Settings on the server to US English I too get consistent results.
But if I change back the Regional Settings to Swedish (comma is decimal separator) I get dot a decimal separator for DECIMAL and comma as decimal separator for FLOAT.
Posted by Microsoft on 2/27/2011 at 8:25 AM

I could not repro this issue on SQL Server 2008 R2 or Denali using the script provided. Are their any other inputs/steps that I can try?

SQL Server Manageability