SSMS 2012 RTM Middle Click does not close tab. - by Michael K Campbell

External<br /><br />
		This item may be valid but belongs to an external system out of the direct control of this product team.<br /><br />

Opened 3/28/2012 10:21:09 PM

Middle-clicking on a .sql script (or other tab in the main work-area) does NOT close the tab.
This behavior existed in SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2. And works in Visual Studio 2010 as well. But, for some reason does not exist/work with SSMS 2012 RTM.
Posted by sarahmcd on 8/15/2012 at 11:09 AM
Are you able to give it a shot with just SSDT and no SQL Prompt? In investigating this, I found a forum reporting this middle click issue with SQL Prompt (which now of course I can't find a link to again). Let us know what you find!

Posted by Michael K Campbell on 8/14/2012 at 4:46 PM

I do have SQL Prompt from Red Gate installed. And... i didn't have it on the VM where I installed ONLY SSMS (without SSDT).

Posted by Microsoft on 8/13/2012 at 10:59 AM
Thanks for logging this. We have not been able to repro this yet, but one question: Do you have SQL Prompt from Red Gate installed on this machine?

Sarah McDevitt
Posted by DavidAaronMorrison on 4/18/2012 at 6:11 AM
I tried uninstalling all 3 of these: Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Data Framework Tools, Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools Build Utilities Mar 2012

Uninstalling these did not fix the issue. So maybe something is left behind or some setting changed when you install them that doesn't get fixed when you uninstall.
Posted by Michael K Campbell on 3/29/2012 at 8:06 PM
Confirmed. Installation of SSDT appears to be the problem. I fired up a brand new VM and installed only SSMS and BOL components. Middle-click works JUST as expected.
Posted by Dave Dustin on 3/28/2012 at 10:46 PM
I believe that the installation of SSDT is the triggering factor in stopping SSMS from responding to middle-clicks...