SSMS 2012 error adding solution to source control with TFS MSSCCI provider - by Rob Gravereaux

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 4/20/2012 6:04:55 AM

I'm using TFS 2010 with Visual Studio 2010 and have the TFS MSSCCI provider installed for use with SQL Server 2008 R2. I recently installed SQL Server 2012. When I create a new project and solution in SQL Server Management Studio 2012, and try to add it to source control, via File >> Source Control >> Add solution to source control an error is reported:

Error: No such interface supported
File: vsee\internal\inc\vscomptr.inl
Line number: 259

Other functionality of the MSSCCI provider seems to work OK, such as launching the client (File >> Source Control >> Launch Team Foundation server MSSCCI Provider).

Similar functionality works OK in SQL Server Management Studio 2008, installed on the same workstation.
Posted by dehlers1000 on 4/25/2014 at 10:33 AM
The problem appears not to be fixed. I am getting the same error in 2014 as listed in the attachments provided by other users. The cumulative hotfix package 11 was installed but did not resolve the issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/2/2012 at 10:28 AM
Hello All,

The fix for this issue should be available in Cumulative Update 3 of SQL Server 2012 which can be downloaded from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2723749

Regards,
Rajesh, SQL Server Developer
Posted by dbajonm_ on 8/27/2012 at 7:26 AM
I'm getting the same issue via File >> Source Control >> Change Source Control. I'm using SSMS 2012 RTM.
Posted by GG71 on 7/30/2012 at 7:54 AM
Hi All,

I have the same problem after I upgraded the SQL Server Data Tools (SQL Express 2012 included).
Where can I download the service update?

Ciao:
GG ;-)
Posted by KevinLBuchan on 7/27/2012 at 1:03 PM
Is there a chance for a hotfix that we can download? This is quite a challenge.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/5/2012 at 11:31 AM
Hi Rob,

We are trying to get this fix included in the next cumulative update of SQL Server 2012 RTM.

Regards,
Rajesh, SQL Server Developer
Posted by Microsoft on 6/19/2012 at 8:36 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for resporting this issue.

We have fixed this issue and it will be available in the next service update to SQL Server 2012.

Regards,
Rajesh, SQL Server Developer
Posted by addamse on 5/23/2012 at 5:21 AM
This is a frustrating error since it appears DB solutions and projects would have to be re-created from scratch and all VSS/TFS history would be lost for existing files. Please provide a fix.