When performing a cleansing operation using the DQS client, I found that even when a composite domain is engaged for the project, the status of New or Correct is determined by the individual domains within the composite, not the composite combination itself.
Here's the scenario. I create a new knowledge base using a list of valid automobiles, including make, model, type, and seating capacity. I create a composite domain based on Make + Model. In my base data I include the Chevrolet Camaro and several Ford automobiles
I then create a DQS cleansing project to cleanse a second set of data. In this data to be cleansed, I include the fictitious make/model combination of Ford Camaro, which does not exist in real life nor in my original set of data I used to populate the knowledge base. Theoretically (at least as I understand it), this is exactly the kind of thing that the composite domain is designed to catch - even though Ford is a valid make and Camaro is a valid model, the combination is not part of the knowledge base and therefore should be identified as a "New" record rather than a "Correct" record when the composite domain is engaged in a cleansing operation.
However, I find that the Ford Camaro is passed through as part of the "Correct" data, even though I've confirmed that the composite domain is used for the cleansing operation. I've tinkered with the Parsing Method settings for the composite domains, but the result remains the same. I tried this operation on a DQS instance using RTM and another with CU1, both with the same result.