I'm trying to install the SQL Server 2012 Express Edition silently inside our Setup (Install Shield 2011 Basic msi Project) as a Prerequisite. The Sql Server Setup is starting but hangs up at the point where the sql server installation support files are going to be installed/copied. Opening the Logfile 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Setup Bootstrap\Log\Detail_ComponentUpdate.txt' - it shows:
(01) 2012-05-09 09:17:24 Slp: Invoking QueryServiceStatus Win32 API
(01) 2012-05-09 09:17:24 Slp: Sco: Attempting to close service handle for service msiserver
(01) 2012-05-09 09:17:24 Slp: Sco: Attempting to close SC Manager
(01) 2012-05-09 09:17:29 Slp: Sco: Attempting to open SC Manager
(01) 2012-05-09 09:17:29 Slp: Sco: Attempting to open service handle for service msiserver
in an endless loop. So i did some further investigation a found out that my setup/msi is the problem. I think at this point the sql server setup tries to stop my msi through the msiserver but with no luck.
When I start the sql server setup from the commandline with the same parameters as in my own setup it installs just fine.
In our old Setup we did install the Sql Server 2008R2 Express like above and it worked fine. The only thing I changed were the Sql Server Setup files and Configuration files.