Home Dashboard Directory Help
Search

sp_estimate_data_compression_savings error with special Characters in column name by karlmcintyre


Status: 

Closed
 as Duplicate Help for as Duplicate


5
0
Sign in
to vote
Type: Bug
ID: 777010
Opened: 1/20/2013 10:41:40 AM
Access Restriction: Public
1
Workaround(s)
view
0
User(s) can reproduce this bug

Description

Msg 207, Level 16, State 1 error recieved when you run sp_estimate_data_compression_savings on a table the contains special Characters in the columns names. Seems to be sensitive to XML special characters "<",">" and "&"
Details
Sign in to post a comment.
Posted by Microsoft on 4/15/2014 at 9:33 AM
thanks for reporting this issue. we have fixed this issue in SQL Server 2014. At this time, we have determined that it does not meet the bar to be fixed in earlier release. Please feel free to re-activate if this is indeed a concern. One work-around is to load a sub set of data fromt he source table into a temp table and then do the compression. This will provide you some idea of the compression that can be achieved

thanks
Sunil
Posted by Paul White NZ on 1/28/2013 at 3:36 AM
Duplicate of feedback IDs 771193 and 667413.
Sign in to post a workaround.
Posted by Paul White NZ on 1/28/2013 at 9:21 AM
Modified version of the system procedure and dependant internal functions posted at http://pastebin.com/s03hKUSq

A workaround until the entitization fix makes it into a CU.