SQL Configuration Manager in SQL 2008 doesn't work in Windows 2012 Cluster. - by Jose Santiago Oyervides

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 3/20/2013 8:32:43 AM

Hello,

I have just installed SQL 2008 Std. Edition on a Windows 2012 Cluster and when I open SQL Server Configuration Manager and go to "Sql Server Services" I get all the time: "The server threw an exception 0x80010105"

I have tried reinstalling SQL 2008, granting elevated permission to SQL account, installing latest CU for SQL 2008 and nothing seems to work.

I've seen in the forums that the issue also happens in SQL 2008 R2: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjmanageability/thread/c3ed656c-8ff0-41cf-af5e-37c8ad5c30cb/

This is important for me, because I need to add traceflag to SQL service. I'm not using any kind of virtualization, it's just a pair of Windows 2012 servers sharing some SAN's disks.

Regards,
Jose S. Oyervides.
Posted by Microsoft on 9/25/2013 at 10:45 AM
Please refer to the solution linked below. It should resolve the issue.

Best regards
Posted by HFS_JVR on 8/13/2013 at 5:29 AM
Solution Microsoft:

Posted by René Larsen ATEA Denmark on 7/23/2013 at 3:10 AM
I had a similar issue with and SQL 2008R2 cluster on a Windows server 2012, but the difference here is that I also installed SQL Server 2012 on the server. When I Started the SSCM i got the "The Server threw an exception 0x80010105" But after going thru all the fixing mentioned. I found out that the problem was an version issue. The SSMC i started was for SQL 2008R2 and not for SQL 2012. So when i used the SSMC for SQL 2012 there was no problems. I hope this helps. Best regards René Larsen.
Posted by HFS_JVR on 6/11/2013 at 12:08 AM
I have the same problem with sql2008 (not R2) and Cluster 2012.
Is there already a solution. I need to set traceflags!!
Posted by Tuzla on 6/4/2013 at 8:53 AM
Hi, Any updates on this issue? I am running into an exact same issue with Win Server 2012 2 node Cluster running SQL 2008R2 fully patched.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/22/2013 at 1:24 PM
Hello Jose. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We really do appreciate the feedback. We’ll investigate and get back to you. -Walter A Jokiel, Program Manager, SQL Server (wajokiel@microsoft.com)