The graphical user interface for Managed Backups in SSMS is extremely rudimentary, almost misleading and provides no useful information. Here are some things it is missing:
1. While using the SSMS GUI, it is difficult for users to determine whether they are creating instance level or database level managed backups.
2. Users don't get to see what databases are supposed to get backed up.
3. Users don't get to see what full db and transaction log backups have already been created and at what location exactly.
4. Managed backups create new containers for database backups, which unless users know about them, they may miss seeing them in the cloud portal.
5. The GUI is too much of a black box for the user. It definitely needs to be enriched.