ext_ConnectMode.ext_cm_CommandLine does not work with Visual Studio 2005 add-ins - by Carlos J. Quintero

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 10/10/2007 7:49:21 AM

When you mark your Visual Studio 2005 add-in to be safe for command-line builds, the add-in is not loaded when building from the command line.
Posted by Carlos J. Quintero on 8/7/2008 at 2:32 AM
MS released a hotfix after VS 2005 SP1 to fix this problem:

FIX: An command-line add-in does not load when you start the Visual Studio 2005 IDE
Posted by Microsoft on 3/19/2008 at 9:47 AM
From our attempts to reproduce the issue, it appears this is fixed in Visual Studio 2008 RTM, so I'm going to close it now. If you're experiencing the issue with VS 2008 (final release), please reactive this issue. Thank you.

-Noah Coad
Visual Studio Platform Program Manager, http://coadblog.com
Posted by dfrobison on 12/12/2007 at 2:36 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. I want to do a command-line build. I have developed an add-in that is require to build the solution. From the command-line, I initiate the build and receive all sorts of errors which show that my add-in was not loaded. This is a show-stopper for me.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/11/2007 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

We are escalating this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Microsoft on 10/10/2007 at 6:49 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently investigating. The investigation process normally takes 7-14 days. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly (see http://support.microsoft.com).

If at any time your issue is closed unsatisfactorily, you may edit your issue via Connect and change the status to “Active.”

Visual Studio Product Team