VS2008 and TFS 2005 - Workspace folders duplicated after adding a new project - by LuisRC

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 1/16/2008 2:59:49 AM

I'm working in a VS2008 environment (we're right now trying the Team System Trial) and our source control server is TFS 2005. I don't know if this problem will happen with TFS 2008, but I'm sure this was not happening with VS2005 & TFS 2005.

Every time anyone on the project adds a new project to the solution and the other people gets the latest version of the whole solution new working folders are added to the workspace for all the web sites in the solution, and every source code file on the projects appears as missing in the solution explorer.

To solve this problem we must edit the workspace, and remove the added working folders.

The main problem here is that checked in files are lost.
Posted by LuisRC on 3/13/2008 at 8:01 AM
Thanks your for the feedback
I hope SP1 will be able soon... 8·)

Posted by Microsoft on 3/13/2008 at 7:07 AM
There are two points that need to be clarified:

1) The bug in question affects TFS 2008 clients and is independent of the version of the TFS server (e.g. 2005, 2008).

2) A fix has been prepared and checked into the TFS 2008 SP1 sourcebase. However, TFS 2008 SP1 has not shipped yet, so the fix is not yet available. SP1 should have a Beta release and the fix will be in the Beta. If you require the fix before then, you would need to contact Microsoft Support and request a hotfix for TFS 2008.

Ben Ryan
Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by LuisRC on 2/11/2008 at 6:05 AM
I've just installed the new Feb 4th fix, because "some web development related issues has been solved" in it, hoping that some of the solved issues could be this one, but this problem is still happening 8·(

Anyway... I'd like to know whether this is only a TFS2005 related issue or it happens with TFS2008 too, because I'm planing to upgrade to TFS 2008 this month.
Posted by djsneed31 on 2/8/2008 at 6:13 PM
I am having the same problem. Any resolution?

I noticed, however, that the checked in files are not gone...just relocated. For some reason they get moved inside of another project in the solution. To find them, I do a search on the files on my local store and they are always there (in different places).

This may be a problem with using Explorer 2008 with TFS 2005. This thing is driving us crazy, so any help would be appreciated.
Posted by Abu Raddad on 1/21/2008 at 12:58 AM

We have exactly the same issue; we're using VS 2008, Team Explorer 2008 and TFS 2005.

I'm watching this topic now for updates.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/17/2008 at 1:46 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

We are escalating this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution.
These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Microsoft on 1/16/2008 at 10:53 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently investigating. The investigation process normally takes 7-14 days. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly (see http://support.microsoft.com).

If at any time your issue is closed unsatisfactorily, you may edit your issue via Connect and change the status to “Active.”

Visual Studio Product Team