VS Crash with control created dinamically in Usercontrol, using TablelayoutPanel ... in design mode - by David Daniel Arroyo Zari. -Ddaz-

Fixed<br /><br />

Opened 7/6/2008 8:04:57 AM

Visual Studio Crashm with controls created dinamically  in a Usercontrol, using TableLayoutPanel.... from Winfows form in desgin mode.....

dinamic control.. in design mode ( from windows form) ...execute code... and posible fail...

after Vs restard windows  form .... no display correctly and fail ..... ( see picture ) ( certain situations)

.( excuse me .. my english is bad.. )
Posted by Stuart Wood on 3/12/2012 at 8:54 AM
OK - may or may not have been this problem. Found the resolution at : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3840108/custom-control-cause-visual-studio-2008-to-crash
Posted by Stuart Wood on 3/12/2012 at 8:38 AM
There's not a lot of info about the fix or workarounds for this - I just hit the problem described in VS2005. Is there a workaround that I can employ, assuming that 2005 isn't going to get a hotfix?
Posted by Microsoft on 10/16/2008 at 12:23 AM
Thanks for your feedback on the .NET Framework!

We are able to reproduce the bug that you reported and consider rolling in a fix to this issue in next release.

Many customers have found it useful to discuss issues like this in the forums (http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1) where Microsoft and other members of the community can suggest workarounds.

Please keep the feedback comming.

Thanks,
UIFx Team
Posted by Jose A. Fernandez on 7/9/2008 at 10:46 PM
I try with nested UC and IDE Close

My code
--Form1
----ucBotonCerrar
--------ucBotonDemo

Into ucBotonDemo...
Private Sub ucBotonDemo_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        If Not Me.DesignMode Then
            Application.Exit()
        End If
    End Sub

IDE VS2008 Close

My configuration:
- Windows Vista Ultimate (spanish).
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (en).
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (Beta 1)

The code
Posted by Jose A. Fernandez on 7/9/2008 at 9:51 PM
I downloaded the test projec too, but I dont have any error.
All code work!
(I have VS2008 SP1-beta1)

My configuration:
- Windows Vista Ultimate (en, x86 - with Spanish MUI installed).
- Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (en).
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (Beta 1)
Posted by Microsoft on 7/7/2008 at 1:29 AM
Thanks for your feedback. We are escalating this bug to the product unit who works on that specific feature area. The team will review this issue and make a decision on whether they will fix it or not for the next release.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Nazul on 7/6/2008 at 4:59 PM
I downloaded the test project (winPruebaUserControls.zip) to validate the problem.

My configuration:
* Windows Vista Ultimate (en, x86 - with Spanish MUI installed).
* Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite (en).

I opened Visual Studio and loaded the project. When displaying the form in design view, I clicked the buttons and Visual Studio suddenly closes. No Error Reporting was show, the IDE just disapears.

When the IDE is opened again there is nothing saying something failed.