Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler has stopped working by Đonny

Active

Opened: 5/30/2009 3:48:58 PM

Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler has stopped working when compiling C++/CLI project.
This does not seem to be related to 348816.
Posted by SC_NATI on 3/1/2012 at 12:57 PM
I see the same error if I use _mm_wait and/or _mm_monior in a function. I get the crash only when I build a Debug version of my DLL. I do not get any error while building the Release version. I am using Visual C++ 2008.

This is the error I get with a dialog saying that the OPtimizing compiler has stopped working:

1>c:\research\misc\rtscheduling\_mwaitrtsync\visualstudio8\_mwaitrtsync\mwaitmonitor.cpp(164) : fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1>(compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c[0x57946999:0x0000001C]', line 182)
1> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
1>Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Posted by vlacko on 4/27/2010 at 2:49 PM
I have exactly the same problem (FTK1011) with Visual C# 2010. If the solution's path contains some non-ASCII character I've got this error when trying to build anything. In the error message I can see that it's about a nonexisting path, corrupted from the first non-ASCII character that my path contains.
As a workaround I created a junction point to my projects folder, then my path only contains ASCII characters. Then everything is fine.

There's the error message:
Error    1    could not create the new file tracking log file: d:\users\tacskFileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: d:\users\tacsk    d:\users\tacskó\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\[Projectdir from there...]
Posted by Đonny on 11/17/2009 at 3:08 PM
I'm sorry for not responding for so long time.
I'm reactivating this issue for VS 2010 Beta 2, currently with scaled-down version of project with no VB dependencies.
My computer is: Windows 7 x64 HP Czech; Visual Studio 2008 SP1, SQL Server 2088 SP1, Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 . I have not installed any SDK, DDK etc. not shipped with Beta 2 Professional full setup.
Download attached project and try to build it from VS under Debug | Win32.
An error ocurs:
Error    2    error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.    d:\temp\tools\tools.totalcommander\filesystemplugin.cpp    58    1    Tools.TotalCommander

=================== Full output ================================
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Tools.TotalCommander, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.21006\Microsoft.Common.Targets(1120,9): warning : The referenced project '..\Tools\Tools._.vbproj' does not exist.
1> AssemblyInfo.cpp
1> Common.cpp
1> ContentPluginBase helpers.cpp
1> ContentPluginBase.cpp
1> Date.cpp
1> Exceptions.cpp
1> FileSystemPlugin helpers.cpp
1> FileSystemPlugin.cpp
1> PluginBase.cpp
1> Generating Code...
1>d:\temp\tools\tools.totalcommander\filesystemplugin.cpp(58): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
1> (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\main.c[0x0272E0DB:0x00000030]', line 182)
1> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
1> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

The line in question is quite simple
57: try{
->58:             object = this->FindFirst(gcnew String(Path),findData);
59:         }catch(IO::DirectoryNotFoundException^ ex){exception=ex;
60:         }catch(UnauthorizedAccessException^ ex){exception=ex;
61:         }catch(Security::SecurityException^ ex){exception=ex;
62:         }catch(IO::IOException^ ex){exception=ex;}
Posted by Microsoft on 8/10/2009 at 4:07 PM
Unfortunately, I've been unable to reproduce this error, due to hitting build issues with the VB project mentioned previously. If you're able to provide more information on the c++ build error, please feel free to reactivate this bug.
Posted by Microsoft on 8/3/2009 at 4:32 PM
When I try to reproduce this failure using your project, I get build errors when trying to build tools.core:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: Tools.Core, Configuration: Nightly Any CPU ------
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(12) : error BC30389: 'System.Xml.Schema.Compiler' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(13) : error BC30389: 'System.Xml.Schema.Compiler' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2579) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2587) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2597) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2610) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2623) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2636) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2649) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2659) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2667) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2674) : warning BC42309: XML comment has a tag with a 'cref' attribute 'Compiler.GeneratorSupport.Resources' that could not be resolved. XML comment will be ignored.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2674) : warning BC42309: XML comment has a tag with a 'cref' attribute 'Compiler.GeneratorSupport.Win32Resources' that could not be resolved. XML comment will be ignored.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2675) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2682) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeGenerator' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\CodeDom\Xml2CodeDom.vb(2692) : error BC31035: Interface 'System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeParser' is not implemented by this class.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\ComponentModel\ReadOnlyObject.vb(94) : warning BC42020: Range variable is assumed to be of type Object because its type cannot be inferred. Use an 'As' clause to specify a different type.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\ComponentModel\ReadOnlyObject.vb(102) : warning BC42020: Range variable is assumed to be of type Object because its type cannot be inferred. Use an 'As' clause to specify a different type.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\misc\misc.vb(63) : error BC30311: Value of type '1-dimensional array of TC' cannot be converted to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable(Of T)'.
C:\TEMP\bug\Tools\misc\misc.vb(72) : error BC30311: Value of type '1-dimensional array of Boolean' cannot be converted to 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable(Of T)'.

Posted by Microsoft on 7/31/2009 at 2:26 AM
Thanks for your feedback. We are routing this bug to the product unit who works on that specific feature area. The team will review this issue and make a decision on whether they will fix it or not for the next release.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Đonny on 5/31/2009 at 2:24 AM
FTK1011 uncovered:
My project is stored in path D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\ĐTools\Tools.TotalCommander\ but C++ attempts to create tracking file (BTW: what is it?) under D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\ŃTools\Tools.TotalCommander\. Maybe due to some kind of Unicode Ignorance.
I found the ŃTools directory and I was curios how does it originate. So I've deleted it and created readonly file ŃTools thus C++ was unable to miscreate this directory. The Unicode (un)support always drives me mad
Posted by Đonny on 5/31/2009 at 2:12 AM
After a few changes in solution I get one more error:

Error    7    error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.    d:\users\honza\documents\programy\đtools\tools.totalcommander\filesystemplugin.cpp    58    1    Tools.TotalCommander (Tools.TotalCommander\Tools.TotalCommander)
Error    8    error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: D:\Users\Honza\Documents\Programy\    FileTracker    Tools.TotalCommander (Tools.TotalCommander\Tools.TotalCommander)
Posted by Đonny on 5/30/2009 at 4:04 PM