Visual Studio and .NET Framework Home
The Add Resource\New Image menu empty when VS add-in creates a toolbar
Carlos J. Quintero
as Won't Fix
6/26/2009 1:53:41 PM
User(s) can reproduce this bug
When you load an add-in that creates a toolbar, if you try to add a new image resource to a resource.resx file, the Add Resource\New Image menu is empty.
Visual Studio 2008 SP1
Windows XP Professional
Operating System Language
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a VB.NET add-in with the attached connect.vb class. The add-in just adds a toolbar with no buttons.
- Ensure that VS is configured load an empty environment (not to load the last solution)
- Run VS 2008 and load the add-in.
- Create a Class Library project in VB.NET
- Go to the Project Properties window, Resources tab.
- Click the Add Resource dropdown on the toolbar and then the New Image sub menu
The submenu is empty
The submenu should have the Bmp Image, Png Image, etc. menu entries that has when the add-in was not loaded.
TAP Code (if applicable)
You can indicate your satisfaction with how Microsoft handled this issue by completing this quick
3 question survey
to post a comment.
Please enter a comment.
on 3/10/2010 at 1:50 PM
My apologies for not closing this bug sooner - I missed it in my queries. I'll be closing this as "Won't Fix" since we weren't able to address this in Visual Studio 2010. We will track this for possibly fixing in a future release.
Visual Studio Platform Shell team
on 6/30/2009 at 2:45 PM
We've sent this over to a dev for investigation.
Visual Studio Platform Team
on 6/29/2009 at 12:06 AM
Thank you for your feedback, we are currently reviewing the feedback you have submitted.
to post a workaround.
Please enter a workaround.
© 2014 Microsoft