ADO.NET EntityObject Generator - Error list bug - by Joao S Cardoso - MVP

Won't Fix<br /><br />
		Due to several factors the product team decided to focus its efforts on other items.<br /><br />

Opened 10/20/2009 5:28:12 AM

Playing arround on an existent Class Library with a Entity Data Model, I added a new item to my project, of type ADO.NET EntityObject Generator.

I then removed the model1.tt file from my project but the following error message persists on the error list:

Error	1	Running transformation: Please overwrite the replacement token '$edmxInputFile$' with the actual name of the .edmx file you would like to generate from.	C:\_Package-NET\DAL\Model1.tt	1	1
Posted by TamusJRoyce on 3/20/2012 at 11:49 AM
Thank you Joao S Cardoso.

"Close and open the project again and the error message is gone"

This fixed my issue! Be nice if it didn't happen in the first place, but this works.
Posted by Roger Lipscombe on 5/15/2010 at 2:03 AM
I have the same problem, except that in step (d) I removed the entire model (class library) project. The error (for a project that now no longer exists is still there).
Posted by WayPoint7 on 2/19/2010 at 9:20 AM
Hi Guys!

Glad to see that you have recognized the error, sad to see that you're not going to fix it (as yet). My problem as a result of this is: my project won;t compile, because the error persists.
How do I proceed now? Do you have a workaround to get rid of the error?
Posted by Microsoft on 1/25/2010 at 2:00 PM
Hello Joao, at this time, this bug does not meet the bar for fixing. We will attempt to make the experience around code generation better in the next release.
Posted by Microsoft on 11/2/2009 at 10:40 AM
Thank you for filing this bug. We agree that it is an annoyance and will fix it as soon as we can - at this time, it does not meet the bar for Visual Studio 2010.
Posted by Joao S Cardoso - MVP on 10/23/2009 at 3:32 AM
To preproduce the error is simple. I'm sending you a screenshot of the end result also.

a) create a new class library project
b) add a new aso.net Entity Data Model
c) Add a new ado.net entityobject generator and notice the error
d) Remove the ado.net entityobject generator (.tt) file from project (delete)
e) Notice the error message is still there
f) the error message does not disapears even after a cleanup and rebuild
g) Close and open the project again and the error message is gone

Notice my screenshot. It referes to a file that its not on the project.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/21/2009 at 1:50 AM
Thanks for reporting this issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Visual Studio Product Team