mspdb100.dll is missing trying to run editbin.exe - by DRD1

By Design<br /><br />
		The product team believes this item works according to its intended design.<br /><br />

Status Resolved Workarounds
Opened 10/21/2009 6:18:57 AM

Trying to use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\editbin to make a program largeaddress aware, running give then error

The program can't start because mspdb100.dll is from your computer.

This happens from a standard command line, or as a post build event. It does work if you run it form a VS Command Prompt, but an image should work from any prompt shouldn't it ?
Posted by Rafael Astrana on 8/8/2011 at 9:43 AM
Hi,

Here how I solved that, at prompt window you need to set the environment variables, just run the batch file below:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"
For sure to get this working you must run editbin in the same prompt window.

rgds
Posted by Microsoft on 10/26/2009 at 9:55 AM
Since you have agreed with me, I'll resolve and close this issue at our end. Please feel free to reactivate this one if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you very much for the report.

(Sorry for the previous duplicated message -- I accidentally hit F5 and the old message got posted again.)
Posted by Microsoft on 10/26/2009 at 9:53 AM
There is no side-by-side story for mspdb100.dll. It has been like this for many releases. Please add the directory containing mspdb100.dll into your PATH.
Posted by DRD1 on 10/24/2009 at 12:43 AM
Ahh, indeed, my mistake I was thinking of msvcp100.dll (stl ?)

Posted by Microsoft on 10/23/2009 at 3:36 PM
Posted by DRD1 on 10/23/2009 at 1:24 PM
I was trying to run it directly, no use of Path.

I hope you decide to fix it, in general images linked against runtime components should pick them up form the installed location (WinSXs?) and there should be no dependency on the PATH for them
Posted by Microsoft on 10/23/2009 at 10:09 AM
For x86 (native and cross target) toolset, mspdb100.dll is under Common7\IDE, which is a different directory than where editbin.exe is located (vc\bin). I guess you probably only set PATH point to where editbin.exe is but not to where mspdb100.dll is.
Posted by Microsoft on 10/22/2009 at 3:21 AM
Thank you for your feedback, We are currently reviewing the issue you have submitted. If this issue is urgent, please contact support directly(http://support.microsoft.com)