missing 'Export Template ...' in 'FIle' Menu - by ReinhardN

Status Active Workarounds
Opened 1/30/2010 5:39:48 PM

A feature I routinely use in Visual Basic 2008 Express regards the creation of project item templates for modules, forms and classes concludes by selecting Export Template ... in the File menu. Attempting this in my Beta 2 I found 'Export Template ...' missing. Advise I had through the MSDN Forum suggested to do Tools.Customize.Commands.File.AddCommand which presents a list box, in which, unfortunately 'Export Template ...' is also missing.
I have no way of knowing if this is due to a quirk in my installation of VS2010 Beta 2 (a trial which has 150 days to go) or if it is something more serious.
Posted by Fagan on 11/24/2010 at 11:59 AM
Nevermind. I think the issue was that my settings derived from prior version of VS and probably why the command goes missing on using it in VS 2010. I believe its not a bug now after realizing that this is probably what is going on.
Posted by Fagan on 11/24/2010 at 11:35 AM
I'm also experiencing this issue. When I reset it works fine. When I reload my settings file (which I prefer those settings), the File -> Export Template menu item disappears. I'd like to send you my settings file. Where should I send it?
Posted by Microsoft on 2/1/2010 at 12:25 AM
Thanks for your update. Based on your update, I will close this feedback. If you find any bug in the future, please feel free to let us know
Posted by ReinhardN on 1/31/2010 at 10:23 PM
I have reset the settings to 'Visual Basic Development Settings' which has indeed fixed the problem, i.e. I am the proud owner of the 'Export Template ...' item under the File menu.
Thank you for your help.
Posted by Microsoft on 1/31/2010 at 9:26 PM
Thanks for reporting this issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

It may have been settings related, please use Tools --> Import and Export Settings, please export your settings file, then reset settings. After that, please test the issue again, if this issue persists, please send us your settings file so that we can conduct further research.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Microsoft on 1/31/2010 at 9:26 PM

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Visual Studio Product Team