VS 2010 The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No Symbols have been loaded for this document. IE8 FireFox works by Tmorford

as Not Reproducible Help for as Not Reproducible

ID: 542066
Opened: 3/15/2010 11:52:01 AM

When debuging a silverlight app in vs 2010 I get: "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No Symbols have been loaded for this document." when I have my default browser set to IE but when I set it to FireFox I have no problem the breakpoints are hit. I have cleaned the obj and bin folders, and removed all temp files and it still will not hit the breakpoints. Please let me know how to fix this.
Posted by seanfao on 1/24/2011 at 8:35 AM
I should note, the workaround did not work for me.

If I can be of any further assistance in getting this bug resolved, please let me know. At this time, I've already given you all the details I know. Please be specific as to what information will help.
Posted by seanfao on 1/24/2011 at 8:32 AM
In my case, I can debug only when IE is my default browser. When working with Chrome 8.0.552.237 or Firefox 4.0b9, VS2010 reports no symbols are loaded.
Posted by Gutek on 8/18/2010 at 3:21 AM
This issue needs to be addressed. Sorry but "workaround" is just saying "turn it off and turn it on again".

And yes, it's easy repeatable issue, I have this on 4 different computers with VS2010 ultimate installed on. And on every of them, unchecking, saving and checking "Silverlight" option in ASP.NET web site properties solved the issue.

but this is not how the things should be. And it's funny that is August now, and the issue was reported in may and it is still not resolved, I wonder how many devs are just saying swearing about VS when they need to create SL project.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/23/2010 at 12:33 AM
Hi, given that we have not heard back from you in 7 days. We will go ahead and close this Connect Issue. If you get a chance to review and provide the information requested earlier, you can go ahead and reactivate this issue.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/19/2010 at 2:52 AM
I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know how things are going on your end. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.
Posted by Microsoft on 3/15/2010 at 10:28 PM
Thanks for reporting this issue. In order to fix the issue, we must first reproduce the issue in our labs. We are unable to reproduce the issue with the steps you provided.

Please give us a demo project to demonstrate this issue so that we can conduct further research.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with that information as quickly as possible. If we do not hear back from you within 3 days, we will close this issue.

Thanks again for your efforts and we look forward to hearing from you.

Visual Studio Product Team
Posted by Judah Gabriel Himango on 5/4/2010 at 3:12 PM
You can workaround this by going into project settings for your web site project, go into the web tab, and check the "Silverlight" option. (If it's already checked, uncheck it, save your project, then check it again.)