Visual Studio 2010 crashes when opening a Visio document by dudewhatever1

Active

Opened: 3/23/2010 3:20:38 AM

When opening a Visio document within the solution explorer of Visual Studio 2010 RC, Visual Studio crashes immediately. Windows starts searching for a solution after which I can choose 'Debug'. Since I have Visual Studio 2010 and 2008 I get to choose my debugger and there I see the message: "an unhandled win32 exception occurred in devenv.exe [4200]". The number changes everytime.

I have Windows 7 Professional x64, Office 2010 Beta x64, Visio 2010 Beta x64, Visual Studio 2010 RC and Team Explorer 2010 RC installed.
Posted by Microsoft on 7/14/2010 at 4:31 PM
Try submitting a request through this web site: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0
Posted by dudewhatever1 on 6/14/2010 at 10:03 PM
@Microsoft: It seems that I can't post a Connect bug with the Visio team as the product is not in the list of products that accept Connect bugs. What to do now?
Posted by Microsoft on 6/14/2010 at 3:21 PM
umlvs.dll appears to be an assembly owned by the Visio team. Would you mind opening a Connect bug against them?

Thanks,
Visual Studio Platform Team
Posted by alex2gw on 5/17/2010 at 3:45 AM
Hi dudewhatever ,

I have the same problem as you got in your system, " the message: "an unhandled win32 exception occurred in insphire.exe [4200]". The number changes everytime"

This happened after running the registry fix optimiser . So sad, can not fit it.

I have no idea of debugging . If you or some one know the solution, please tell me ( alex2gw@gmail.com )

TQ

Posted by Microsoft on 3/23/2010 at 11:22 PM
Thank you for reporting the issue.
We were able to reproduce the issue with the detailed steps you provided.We are routing this issue to the appropriate group within the Visual Studio Product Team for triage and resolution. These specialized experts will follow-up with your issue.